Immigration Opinion & Policy
- Trading Barriers: Immigration and the Remaking of Globalization. 2017. Princeton University Press
- "Integration and Disintegration: Trade and Labor Market Integration.'' Journal of International Economic Law. 23(2): 391-412.
Gated. Ungated. Replication Code (runs off replications data from Trading Barriers).
- "Immigration and International Law" - 2019 ISQ 63(2):281-295.
Gated. Ungated. Appendices. Replication Data and Code.
- “Open Trade, Closed Borders: Immigration Policy in the Era of Globalization.” 2015 (January). World Politics 67(1).
Gated. Ungated. Appendix A: Robustness Checks. Appendix B: Codebook. Replication Data and Code (Hosted by ISPS).
- Reprinted in Friden, Lake, and Broz "International Political Economy: Perspectives on Global Power and Wealth." 6th Edition.
- “Trade, Foreign Direct Investment and Immigration Policy Making in the US.” 2014. International Organization 68 (4).
Gated. Ungated. Appendix A. Appendix B. Replication Data and Code (Hosted on IO Website).
- “Nativism or Economic Threat: Attitudes Toward Immigrants During the Great Recession”–with Judith Goldstein, 2014. International Interactions 40(3): 376-401.
Gated. Ungated. Appendix.
- “Immigration and International Political Economy” (2017,. Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Politics) (Gated)
- “International Migration, Trade, and Investment” (2016, Handbook on Migration and Social Policy. Edward Elgar.)
- “Trade and Migration” (2014, The Oxford Handbook of the Political Economy of International Trade) (Gated)
- “Migration and Globalization” (2015, Emerging Trends in the Behavioral and Social Sciences) (Gated)
- “Are Policymakers Out of Step with their Constituency when it comes to Immigration?”(R&R International Interactions)-with Alexander Tahk (working paper)
- “Inequality and Immigration Policy” (under review)- with Adrian Shin
- “Restraining the Huddled Masses: Migration Policy and Autocratic Survival” –with Michael K. Miller, 2018, BJPS
- “Emigration and Political Contestation” (under review) –with Michael K. Miller
- “Serfdom for Sale: Government Finance and the Re-imposition of Serfdom after the Black Death” (under review)
Ungated Working Paper
- “Explaining Migration Timing: Political Information and Opportunities” - with Alisha Holland, 2020, International Organization.
- “Migrants' Destination Choices” - with Alisha Holland, Thania Sanchez, & Yang-Yang Zhou
- “The Ethics of Migration” - with Alisha Holland, Thania Sanchez, & Yang-Yang Zhou
- “Who stays?” - with Alisha Holland, Thania Sanchez, & Yang-Yang Zhou
- “Colombian Public Opinion on Venezuelan Migrants” - with Alisha Holland, Thania Sanchez, & Yang-Yang Zhou
Gender & IPE
- “Labor Markets and Cultural Values: Evidence from Japanese and American Views about Care-giving Immigrants” - with Frances Rosenbluth, Rieko Kage, & Seiki Tanaka, 2019, Economics & Politics (early view).
- “Escape through Exports? Women-Owned Enterprises, Discrimination, and Global Markets” –with Iain Osgood , 2017, QJPS 12(2): 143-183.
Gated. Ungated. Appendix.